Hoarfrost rocks!!
This is how I feel and look most mornings (except a bit less hairy...):
We had a super run out on the river yesterday. For some reason the dogs LOVE going out in the dark. They go speedier and are generally more excited. Also, we've got like a "super highway" out there now thanks to my neighbor plowing and packing the trail. We all joke that he should groom trails for the local ski hill instead of for dog mushing!!
We did about 11 miles, and I was on the brake the whole way. From beginning till end. It was great to see that the dogs had that energy all the way through. Kate and Rupert led the team and I wasn't exactly sure where the trail was going this time, so I missed a turn and the team headed by the river pilings. Well, the leaders did, then tried to go the way I wanted but dragged the other dogs behind them into the poles. Whups. Luckily my snow hook was sticking in pretty good, so I was able to run up and maneuver them around the posts. Thank goodness for all this snow!!!
Speaking of white stuff, we've got a beautiful layer of hoarfrost hanging around now - here's a couple shots:



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home