The humble abode...
I've had a request to show my cabin, and although I posted a snowier version a few posts ago, here's a full shot in all its glory:
(Note important feature: the satellite dish! I had the dish before I even had power!)
The cabin is about 16x16 with a small loft. In behind the cabin is the "dog yard" - basically just 2 good sized fenced areas to keep 'em out of trouble. They dig the open pens where they can chase each other and play till their hearts' content.
Notice the big empty area to the right of the door? Well, that *should* be stacked full with wood. However, like many Yukoners (all northerners?), I tend to "chop and saw as needed..." which is not good when a nice cold snap surprises you and you find yourself woodless all of a sudden. I often find myself scrambling around on a frigid morning in my pajamas kicking through the snow for scraps of chopped wood to add to the fire.
Maybe someday I'll learn and prepare ahead. But probably not.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home