Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Today is a great day... Rickards variety pack comes north!!

Ok, so beer isn't all I think about. Nonetheless, it was pretty exciting to see a new variety pack in the liquor store today. Unfortunately we don't have a ton of choices up here, so a new beer is the talk of the town. Ok, maybe just among my neighborhood...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The cold snap broke and I finally got the dogs out skijoring. It was sorta like some of them had forgotten what it was all about. Man, I had a heck of a time getting Kate going! She really wanted to run at my side, but I explained to her - "nooo... see. You pull. I get pulled. That way I don't have to work too hard....seee?" Her sleddog instinct kicked in down the driveway, and her and Ripper flew to the river.

I started running them around 3:00 or so, knowing it takes at least a couple hours to get all of them out in pairs. I hoped to do it all in daylight....This time, Kuna came out with Gracie and George. Gracie was working really hard for Gracie, and even did the bouncing up thing to get them going. Let's just say I had to work the hardest even though I had THREE dogs in front of me! Oh well, they did have fun. Especially when they got cookies back at the cabin.

My skis were really dragging in the cold hard snow, but my new ski poles held up nicely!! Those telescopic poles are awesome!

Anyhoo, I really wanted to try the Jack & Harris combo again, so I left them till last. In a way it was a GREAT idea 'cause I'm pretty tired by the last team, and I never have to work with these 2 on a short run. But... true to Stacie form (not really thinking this through) I was stuck taking them out in total darkness by this time. Everything took longer than expected, since I had to come in and warm up after each run at -22C. So... I soon realized "wow, it's much easier to see those rocks in daylight..." and we go FLYING down the driveway and make the corner onto the trail, with me screeching in behind. Luckily, they are now used to this and just ignore me. Man, I really noticed how fast these two are after running everyone else first. We even went way out onto the river since they needed to burn the energy. But it was super windy out there, so I turned around at the end of Shallow Bay. Still, a good distance after their xmas break!

Everyone is ready to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home