Monday, December 06, 2004

Quest Fundraiser!!

Saturday evening was a blast! The Yukon Quest (www.yukonquest.com) was putting on one of their fundraisers at a local bar, so I came into town just for that. A bunch of different musicians were playing and there was also a silent auction. My intent was not to bid on anything at all, and the auction was to end at midnight. There were numberous bidding wars all evening, and people were running each other over to get the latest bid in. Stephanie and the bartender were fighing over a wolf painting for hours, and he won in the end. There were some cool items, one particularly hot item was a wooden carved dog howling... very nice. There was also this really nice cushy dog bed, that I threw a bid on just to throw everyone off. All night, people had been in bidding wars with one or two people, so they'd be watching the other person and they'd know when they'd bid, so they'd go outbid them again. So I go stroll in at 11:50 and bid on not one, not two, but THREE itmes, laughing at my sneaky attempt to drive the bids up. Well, no one was onto me and I ended up BUYING these 3 items.... whupps!!!That's all good though, 'cause one was the dog bed, and the other two I'm not at liberty to discuss because they might soon become xmas presents.... but it all goes to the Quest organization anyways! Oh, and Gabe laid claim to that bed the second I plopped it on the cabin floor! I couldn't drag his arse offa it!! Although, maybe there was a fight for it in the middle of the night, since this morning I came down and Jack & Harris were on it together, although they really didn't fit, so they were sort of on top of each other, and half off the bed...goofballs!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home